Right before New Years, I saw my friends boast on social media about how 2018 is dedicated to self-love. In a weird way, it felt inspiring because we were encouraging each other and wishing that 2018 brings us everything we need to persist.
Self-love is so important to achieve but its a journey. What will work for some, won’t work for others but eventually we figure out the steps to take and notice how it postively affects us.
Self-love is also one of my biggest goals this year and I plan on making some big changes in my life.
I put together a list of different examples that I discovered from my personal experience or common things my friends and peers noted that worked for them. Whether it only takes one step or it takes a lot of steps, it takes a short time or long, I hope that whoever reads this achieve self-love.
You deserve it.
- Call yourself out when you’re in the wrong
- Cut off toxic people
- Avoid anyone who feels threatened by your confidence and growth
- Take a step back and focus on your mental health when needed
- Surround yourself by people who want you to shine
- Realize how important self-love is
- Laugh more
- Embrace who you are
- Don’t let your flaws and mistakes define you
- Remember that everyone goes through this journey at some point in their life
- Take care of yourself
- Drink more water
- Have that extra snack
- Post all those bomb selfies
- Don’t confuse confident with conceited
- Check up on your friends
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Know its okay to get stuck on the way
- Accept that sometimes things just won’t go your way
- Remember things will eventually work out
- Understand you’ll be happier and experience more good
- Be there for others but don’t sacrifice yourself for them
- Be self-aware
- Not pin people against each other (especially woman v. woman)
- Send daily love to your friends and family
- Explore more
- Not bother with your ex’s
- Move on from the past
- Take as much time as you need to heal
- Don’t be afraid of new people, new beginnings, and new experiences